'It is the search for a form which can be lifted by the currents of the wind'
An evolution of working with geometry and athlethism the SS12 collection concentrates on the freedom and fragility of kites. A simple form, suspended in the air held taught with a lithe spirit. The sense of fragility and strength results in the exploration of these two opposing concepts.
Creating and discovering complex temporal forms through the use of a kites simple shape, counterbalancing this with the opposing force of the kite flier – one not existing without the other.
Opposing forces become necessary elements to fly – lightness is grounded by solidity using fabrics such as bonded leathers, oversized denim and structured mesh. The right balance of lightness, ease, weight and shape creates the perfect moment to fly. Tension and technicality of fluid structure bound together in a moment of sophisticated youth.
- Collapsed Kites – draped pieces which capture the complexity and roundness of a falling kite.
- Kite Wings – using the structure and framing of a kite to create graphic lines.
- Kite Tails – the geometry of kite tails captured between layers of chiffon to echo the notions of frame work and structure.
- Roundness created with structure.
- Softness created using altered geometry.
Colors which have faded in the sun – Limon, shell pinks, lilacs, faded orange, soft blacks through to alabaster and parchment.